Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March Literature Analysis Choice

I am reading Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky for March's literature analysis.  I'll be doing another collaborative analysis with Justin Thompson.  Generally, I prefer to read novels that I will enjoy for literature analyses, while Justin would rather read one that maximizes AP test preparation.  Last time, we went with my choice of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, so Justin got to choose this time (for the sake of fairness; there wasn't really any formal agreement).  Crime and Punishment appeared on many exams, and the story seemed interesting enough to me.

I'll admit that I haven't started reading yet.  My expectations as far as raw entertainment go are not terribly high, but I'm hoping it'll surprise me.  If nothing else, I hope it will be thought provoking.  There a few things worse than a book that neither entertains nor educates.

No comments:

Post a Comment