Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dear Ophelia

"My name is O. and I'm trapped in this weird sort of dating thing--a prince says he loves me, but my family and brother hate him and tell me to stay away.  What should I do?"

Dear O,

I will do my best to impart what acumen I have on the subject.  I can understand why this situation may be somewhat of a quagmire for you--you want to make your family happy, but you cannot deny the euphoria you feel.  Indeed, the beatitude of youthful love is wondrous.  Perhaps there is a way to palliate your family while still maintaining sub rosa liaison with your "prince" (is this a literal prince, or some quixotic idealism?).  While secrecy may be parlous, it could be the only solution that appeases your family without stigmatizing your prince.  However, be wary of the mercurial nature of young lovers.  Maintain your own volition, and you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment