Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vocab Midterm Autopsy

The vocab midterm went well for me.  I got 81/81, so I definitely did as well as I hoped.  I expected to do fairly well, as I typically don't have a lot of trouble with vocabulary.  The outcome can't be rightfully attributed to any one thing.  My study strategy was extremely rudimentary, essentially boiling down to reading over the words on this blog.  The fact that the midterm was matching made it much easier.  There were only a handful of words that I was not completely comfortable with going into the test, and I was able to figure them out through process of elimination.

That said, there is still room for improvement.  Ideally I would be comfortable with all the words and be able to score well even if the test was in a harder format.  Given that my study strategy was so simplistic in the first place, improving upon it will be equally easy.  Simply spending more time with the words should do the trick.  Additionally, since the word number should theoretically double for the final, I'll need to step up my use of mnemonics, particularly regarding similar words.

No comments:

Post a Comment