Thursday, February 21, 2013

First Quarter Review

The main focus of this quarter for me has been the senior project.  Once in a while, I get "assigned" projects and ideas instantly start flowing.  This is one of them.  A number of different concepts (both from me and my friends) have been flying around for the past few weeks.  Already, we are more organized and more prepared than for any other group project we've done together.  If we don't burn out by the end (which is actually very likely) I have tentatively high hopes for what we can do.  As far as required assignments go, I'm pretty sure I have them all done.  I have been essay ambushed already, we just need to put the video together.

Next quarter, I hope to start putting the pieces together on our project.  We're at a tentative stage right now between concept and production.  Once we take the plunge and start getting content done, I'll feel more confident in our ability to follow through.  My goal, more succinctly, is to finish the senior project with quality -- not a last minute rush job edited at 4:00 AM.  It'll be the last big endeavor of high school for me, and I want to make it count.

I have a small suggestion for the course:
Take away "close of business" as a due date.  I very rarely actually get my assignments posted at a reasonable time, but it is almost always before class the next day.  I feel like COB adds unneeded stress.  There's a bizarre sort of security in knowing that if worse comes to worse, I can always pull an all-nighter.

Also, I like seeing my classmate's blogs featured on the main course blog.  I don't regularly check up on everybody's blogs, so it's cool to see the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment